Thank you for your interest in the role of Content Creator!
Planet Kassi, Inc. is a global company that empowers people to be their wild-ass maverick selves and fully self-expressed in every area of life through edu-tainment, spiritual guidance, community, and live events.
The Content Creator assists Kassi and is the main liaison between her and her calendar, clients, network, planned events, and our rock solid virtual team.
If you seek to be part of something bigger and are eager to support our mission to empower people around the world to unapologetically be themselves, then we’re thrilled and honored to have you join our team!
The Ideal Candidate Brings:
- A super positive attitude & fun personality
- Humor + creativity + playfulness
- Knowledge of relevant cultural convos around content creation
- Knowledge in creating social media content and managing Instagram and Tiktok
- Experience in basic photo/video editing for social media and relevant organizational apps, such as Planoly
- Graphic design (Canva) preferred
- Familiarity with optimizing timing/content across social media platforms and growing engagement and brand advocacy through storytelling
- A strong understanding of the social media space, social communities, conversations, and trends
- A skill for cultivating, building, and nurturing relationships virtually
- Passion for provocative spiritual teachings that bring together sexuality, financial empowerment, progressive activism, mental health, and comedy
- Attention to detail and your A-game in a fast-paced environment
- A gift for organization, communication, and quick implementation
- Extreme self-motivation and the ability to work independently, using excellent judgment to effectively make decisions as a leader
- Impeccable organizational skills for all things logistical, scheduling, and email-related
- Availability during regular business hours in EST, Monday through Friday and sometimes on the weekend/after hours when needed
Typical Tasks Include:
- Managing posts + IG stories throughout the day 5 days/week
- Meeting twice a month to collaborate with Kassi on content ideas + execute them
- Conceptualizing, generating, and executing fun, playful, engaging, educational, and high-quality social media content (photos, videos, memes, reels, stories, copy, etc.)
- Being on the pulse of the latest social trends + relevant cultural moments, including reacting to highly engaging social moments with quick turn-around content
- Developing, coordinating, and executing a calendar of content via social media calendar management programs
- Reviewing audience engagement on IG + IG Stories throughout the day (5 days/week)
- Tracking, reporting, and analyzing relevant metrics
- Creating social media strategies with clear KPIs that support Planet Kassi’s goals, marketing + PR efforts
- Approximately 12 hours/week. You’ll meet with Kassi in two 5-10 hour sessions twice a month to generate content; then spend 5-10 hours/week remotely managing social media
- Hybrid in-person and remote, however the candidate must be able to dedicate 5-10 hours every other week to in-person meetings in Brooklyn
- Meetings 2-3x/ month in or around Brooklyn for generating + creating content
- Available to start immediately
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not mandatory
- Ideally 2-3+ years of experience working in graphic design and /or video production/photography and/or content creation, and/or social media management
- High-Speed internet access and smartphone with email/social media capabilities to post and manage social media
Programming Languages & Softwares:
- Google Drive
- If you don’t know a software or program, can you learn it?
To apply, here are the exact next steps to take:
Please send an email to office [at] kassiunderwood [dot] com with the subject line “Your Name, Content Creator + Social Media Manager,” and please include the following info:
- Your cover letter detailing why you are interested in the position and why you are the perfect candidate for the position.
- Your resume/CV with available start date.
- So we can get to know you, please submit a 2-5 minute long video sharing with us who you are, why you’re inspired to apply for this position, what you would contribute to the team, and why you should be selected to join the Kassi Underwood team!
Application Policy & Process:
We will respond to your submission if we believe you are a potential fit! All questions about the details of the position and compensation will be answered after we reach out to you to discuss your submission.
If your submission is excellent, please expect to hear from us soon with insight on the next step for our interview process.
We look forward to hearing from you!